We offer critical research looking beyond design, and unrivalled postgraduate opportunities.
Our expertise is based on theoretical experimentation, methodological rigor, empirical attention, hands-on studies of architectural practice, building technology, and techniques of architectural representation and mapping.
Our PhD programme is open to students with an interest in any aspect of architectural research, but we particularly welcome applications in the following areas:
- pragmatist turn in architecture
- anthropology of architectural production
- transdisciplinarity in architecture
- mobility of architectural discourse
- zero-carbon architectures
- the politics of construction
Study with us
Explore the advantages of studying at one of the largest architecture schools in the UK.
Join the researchers in SEED and find out what facilities and support are on offer.